Based on a concept by David Harrington.
I really liked making my previous project (Irish Pub diorama) so I decided to create something else that includes some architecture. Most importantly, I wanted to create something based of someone else's concept this time. I usually design my own props and environments but I felt like it would be good for my portfolio to translate a 2D concept to a 3D model. I tried to find a good balance in materials and be smart with my textures without losing the general feel of the concept. The roof is a tiling texture, as well as the walls, but I placed rooftiles and planks to hide the tiling textures underneath. By using tiling textures which could be used in more places (in a game) on large portions of the mesh, I tried to save plenty of UV space to keep a decent resolution for my other textures. Next time I also want to have a more strict poly budget since some planks and rooftiles have unnecessary polygons.